Tributary Initiative for Learning operates within the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) space in Nigeria. We are hiring Interns in Lagos (Ikeja), Abuja (FCT), Anambra (Onitsha).
- We are looking for a dynamic, energetic intern with a passion for public service and community engagement interested in building a career and increasing access to training and productive employment for disadvantaged youth.
- Interest - Public service, community engagement, Technical and Vocational Education and Training
- Tech Profile - Tech-Savvy, Social media proficient, Ed-Tech enthusiast
- Grant and proposal writing
- Social media content development
- Education and training development.
- Operations in a non-profit organization
- I.T problem-solving,
- Logistics and coordination of office processes / procedures,
- Event planning and other office management functions.
- Tasks are to be carried out under limited supervision within the office or remotely; therefore, leadership skills, sound judgement, time management skills, and internal motivation are essential.
- In collaboration with the Program officer, research, develop, and distribute communications materials such as press releases, newsletters, marketing emails, brochures, and social media posts.
- Expand library of individual stories by interviewing clients and staff and gathering written accounts of their experiences and taking photographs for strong storytelling to demonstrate program impact.
- Monthly report on the activities at Education partner site.
- Ensure the timely implementation of project activities and budget according to plan.
- Coordinate the delivery of training of Teachers and organized private sector.
- Manage correspondences and design internal/external communication documents.
- Always ensure compliance to project and safety standards
Level of Difficulty 1=Easy / 5=Demanding (Physical, Mental, Emotional):
- Physical difficulty is level 1; the work occurs in an office and virtual setting.
- The mental difficulty is level 3; it requires strong communication and critical thinking skills and requires the ability to use good judgment when working independently.
- The emotional difficulty is level 2; the intern is exposed to some emotionally distressing issues at a very minimal level (mostly through reading media articles and observation)
Qualifications / Requirements For Intern Applicants
- NYSC Graduate
- B.A / B.Sc / HND in Arts, Social sciences, Humanities
- Must have 1 year work experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Canva, SM tools
- Desire to learn about the skills development space.
- Able to work well independently and use good judgment.
- Prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Previous volunteer or internship experience with a non-profit organization, Education/Advocacy organization is a plus
- Attention to details and follow set guidelines
- Must be willing to acquaint with changes and the technological trends in the education space.
- Internship Start Date: TBA
- Internship Time Commitment: At least 32 hours / week for approximately 12 months
- Internship Scheduling Guidelines: Monday-Friday between the hours of 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. (exclusive of CDD)
- Tools / Equipment Provided: Standard office equipment including a computer / tablet and access to the Internet
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply on or before 28th February, 2021.