The Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development (ACTED) is recruiting for Finance Assistant
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
About the Job
- The Finance Assistant be supporting the Finance Officer to be accountable for the true and fair accountancy of the Base.
- He/She is responsible to respect and follow-up the ACTED’s financial procedures.
- He/She is responsible to update SAGA and work on Finance Titanic on monthly basis.
- He as well would be expected to assist in the preparation of project financial report if authorized by The Finance Officer
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
On a daily basis:
- Allocation of the Expenses: Daily allocation of expenses on “purchase orders” & “vouchers”;
- Data entry in SAGA: Daily vouchers to be entered in SAGA;
- Follow-up of Contracts: Update contracts follow-up database in TITANIC, whenever payments or any other changes occur to specific contract s
- Assistance: Assist the Country Finance Manager whenever needed
On a weekly basis:
- Weekly cash request: Prepare Statement of expenditures and present it to the Finance Manager on each Friday
On a monthly basis:
- Cash Request Monthly Budgeting : To prepare the monthly budgeting of the base office for the coming month and send it to Country Finance manager on the12th of each month;
- Monthly official signature table
- SAGA Accountancy of the month : To send monthly closure of accountancy Saga to the CFM before the 5th of each month.
- Finance Vouchers of the month: Review and send all the Finance Vouchers to the capital office after receiving the SAGA backup.
- TITANIC: Prepare Titanic sheets of the Capital office and send them to the CFM before the 10th of each month;
- Maintain all allocation tables and BFU update on monthly basis;
- Ensure that all the expenses of the area are allocated on the available projects
- Ensure that the running cost of the area are not exceeding the standard norms
- Ensure that non allocated resources are not used on any project, unless an approval is given by the CFM or CR;
- Review and check all project related financial, logistics, administrative, and program information and send them to the Capital Compliance Officer.
- Facilitate the country Compliance review process once the project has been terminated and ensure the accurate documentation of costs/expenses allocations within the documentation;
- All employees should master ACTED's core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- 1-2 years working experience, in the field of business is require
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, sociology, social work, international affairs, humanitarian or related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Experience with the use of SaGa Accountancy and Microsoft Office Package
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 national contract
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable