Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is recruiting for Logistics Supervisor Technical
ALIMA’s aim since its creation in 2009 is to provide a high standard of healthcare in situations of emergency or medical disaster and to improve the practice of humanitarian medicine by developing innovative projects associated with medical research.
By joining us, you will integrate a young and dynamic organization and contribute to its associative development as well as its operational impact on the field. As Head of Mission, you will have the opportunity to manage challenging and innovative medical programs in the line of ALIMA’s values and objectives while bringing your humanitarian experience.
Logistics Supervisor Technical
Logistics Supervisor Technical - MONGUNO, BORNO STATE
Under the direct supervisor of the logistics manager; the first purpose of the positon is to contribute in implementation of ALIMA activities by ensuring that all Equipment Mechanical, electrical, bio medics are in a good & functional condition. Under the direct supervision of Logistic Manager ensure safe & conducive working environment by anticipating preventive measures related to all Mechanical, electrical, bio medics equipment and implement accordingly.
- He/she will be responsible for the repair & maintenance of equipment/assets including, generators, inverters, motor pumps, air-conditioners, plumbing networks, general power & electric systems, bio medics equipment’s etc. in all ALIMA Project premises.
- He/she will be responsible for diagnosing malfunctions of generator, inverter, motor pumps, air-conditioner, general power system and other electrical and biomedical equipment’s.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers outsource engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintenance works to ensure the completion of repair, maintenance & Installation in accordance with service agreement.
- He/she is responsible for identifying the maintenance works needed in different ALIMA premises, and liaise with supply department for necessary actions to complete required work in timely manners.
- He/she will be responsible for identifying skilled workers required for different maintenance work from time to time.
- He/she is responsible/Liaise with different departments for maintenance works, which they deem necessary for smooth running of the medical activities.
- He/she will be responsible for fueling of all vehicle & generators, keep all records log sheet, stock report .
- He/she will assist the logistic supervisor in preparation of monthly fuel reports i.e. Generator and Vehicles.
- He/she assist logistics manager in security management in all ALIMA premises by strictly implementing ALIMA access control policy, by supervising watchman during in the performance of their jobs on daily basis.
- He/she assist Logistic management in monitoring of security situation of the project area by collecting security information and local networking of different stakeholders related to security.
- He/she supervise all the staff under his supervision according to ALIMA HR policy includes setting up their objectives, performance evaluations, leave management, technically supporting them in their job.
- He/she to translate meeting conversation in local language in case of need
- He/she to undertake any other duties, relevant to his/her skills, which may from time to time be deemed necessary
Diploma in Technical Educations Mechanical or Electrical .
Past experience in the similar role for 2 years with INGO/NGO or any other Mechanical or technical service providers Company
Good English language skill Reading, Writing & Speaking
Essential computer literacy word, excel
Capacity to work under stress, flexible, Good team player, high level of integrity & Honesty
Contract term: 6 months’ renewable.