Management Systems International - MSI is recruiting for Short-term Monitoring Specialist - Nigeria Monitoring Project
Management Systems International - A Tetra Tech Company, is an international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. and founded in 1981 by Marina Fanning and Larry Cooley. In 2016, MSI became a Tetra Tech company.
Short-term Monitoring Specialist - Nigeria Monitoring Project
Job Type: Expat or Local
Job Classification: Project
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project NMP is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance OFDA and the Office of Food for Peace FFP .
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The short-term Monitoring Specialist will provide technical advice and guidance to the NMP technical team.
- Specifically, the Monitoring Specialist will support the drafting and revision of data collection instruments for third-party monitoring of implementing partners in northeastern Nigeria.
- The position reports directly to the Technical Director on technical matters and the MSI Project Management team on all contractual and administrative matters.
- Support the drafting and revision of data collection instruments.
- Support the preparation for pilot of third-party monitoring in northern Nigeria.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Political Science, International Development, Social Sciences, Statistics or related fields is required. Master’s degree or equivalent is desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects e.g. USAID, DFID, etc. or related sector program management, and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills are required.
- Expertise in qualitative research design, data collection, and analysis.
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, and share/communicate information.
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English are required.