Our client, a Microfinance bank urgently requires the services of a Financial Controller.
Job Description :
• Establish long term strategic direction and planning including budgets, accounting policies, procedures, processes and system of internal controls to ensure protection of assets, accuracy and reliability of financial information and financial reporting.
• Ensuring credibility of the finance team by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts and providing Executive Management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
• Ensure effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with statutory requirements and rules for financial and tax reporting.
• Reporting monthly/quarterly on the Bank’s financial performance, cash flows, projected financing requirements and finance availability in the light of current performance and business plan objectives.
• Performs all the finance & accounting functions of the Bank. (Preparation and posting of accounting ledgers/transactions/instruments, daily and monthly reconciliation of all correspondence bank accounts, preparation of Management Accounts, Tax preparation, filing and remittance, maintenance of the Bank’s book of account, maintaining the fixed asset register etc.)
• Research and explore various financing options and proposes optimal approach appropriate for the Bank.
• Preparation of reports and accounting-financial statements as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation, dividends, annual reports and accounts; management information analyses reports and recommendations particularly cash flows, analysis of financial statements to pinpoint weaknesses.
B.Sc /HND in the numerate disciplines.
Membership of a recognized professional Accounting body.
2 - 3 years experience in a similar role in a Microfinance bank.
Interested candidates should send their C.V to [email protected]
using position as subject on or before October 18th 2019